Welcome to this crazy thing we call life around here. There are 6 of us in all (actually seven if you count the dog). I am the mom, wife, and zoo keeper. I am so blessed to be apart of this team God put me with and I thank him every day.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

MY HOW SHE'S GROWN

Wow, really, this was only a year ago. This completely freaks me out!!! Can't we just push pause or something? Maybe a time out, anything to slow it down. Here is a little journey of her last year.

It's hardly noticeable on a day to day basis.

How they are just babies,...



that figure out that no, sand does not taste good,


just going with the flow, wherever that may be,



exploring new things with her own fingers,





wondering why all this holiday stuff is so great,








and that your mom is crazy for making you dress up in this get up,






to realizing why Christmas ROCKS,









and then POW, she's a little girl,







not the chubby little baby, that not so long ago you pulled from a bassinet.












But still and always daddy's little girl










now running, jumping, playing,














turning into a little kid, instead of a little baby. No, not noticeable on a day to day basis, but none the less, it happens. I find myself conflicted with emotions. I love who she is today, but I miss who she was yesterday. I guess that is the never ending plight of a parent. I love you Cassie girl, yesterday, today and forever. HAPPY BIRTHDAY











4 comments:

Jackie said...

I completly understand how u feel. I was just telling a sister this morning that I am thrilled that my 2 year old is thriving and growing but on the other hand I am little sad because she is not a baby anymore and she is getting ready to turn 3. BTW she is a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Ahh man that is so sad and true. They just change in the blink of an eye. Emma is quickly losing all of her babyness!! I am so excited to get to start again in 7 months. You have precious children.

Tiffany said...

She is so cute!

Sister D said...

It was so sweet to see her (and the rest of you of course :)in person! Thank you so much for having us all over. A wonderful day at the beach with you sweet brethren, but never enough time. We love you guys!